General Welding Course In Hanmer Ontario
Northern Welding Academy trains welders to be the best they can be. This is a short training program with proven results. Successful students are prepared for employment in the metal fabrication and/or construction industry.
SMAW FCAW GMAW GTAW
Course #1 Welder Fitter
A – Stick Welding (SMAW): Canadian Welding Bureau Qualifications
B – M.I.G. (FCAW) Canadian Welding Bureau Qualifications
M.I.G. (GMAW) Canadian Welding Bureau Qualifications
The hours of training are Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm
Registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Course # 1 A – S.M.A.W.
(Stick & Metal Arc Welding):
- General safety rules
- Operation and function of welding machines
- Welding symbols
- All types of electrodes
- Composition of metals and types of electrodes to be used
- Heat range and polarity
- Effect of welding on different metals and reaction
- Safety around welding
- Blue Print Reading
Course #1 B – M.I.G.
(FCAW) (GMAW) Welding:
- General introduction (theory)
- Function and operation of equipment
- Consumables, their origin and function (shielding gas)
- Process and current required
- Weldability of metals with M.I.G.
- Metal transfer
- Qualifications and approvals
- Techniques of successful blending
- Welding conditions
- Defects, causes and corrective actions
- Maintenance and salvage
- Welding procedures
- Striking an arc progressing to make bead welds
- Welding in different directions with different types of electrodes
- Progressing to position welding, gradually to vertical and overhead positions
- Same welding process for joining bevelled material; root pass and filler passes in all positions.
- Four position testing – CWB test (Canadian Welding Bureau) in S.M.A.W. and two position testing – CWB test in F.C.A.W. and G.M.A.W.
- General instructions
- Function of tools and equipment
- Practical use
- Preparation of material
This course is useful for those who expect to engage themselves in manufacturing, general repair, production as well as in heavy plate welding.
Course # 1
Duration: 20 weeks
Training Fee: $8000
*Tests extra: $125 each (usually 8 tests)
Welding Mitts (Gloves)
Ball Peen Hammer
Soap Stone Holder
Safety Glasses Clear & Shaded #3
Safety Toe Boots
4 1/2″ Mini Grinder
Grinding Disks (25)